[编辑] GRE 红宝书
- n.处理; 天性、气质
- ［英］ n.处理 ( management or settlement of affairs) ; 天性、气质 ( temperament)
- ［例］ He has a happy disposition ( 他天性快乐) .
[编辑] Webster Collegiate
- Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin disposition-, dispositio, from disponere
- Date: 14th century
- 1. the act or the power of disposing or the state of being disposed: as
- a. prevailing tendency, mood, or inclination
- b. temperamental makeup
- c. the tendency of something to act in a certain manner under given circumstances
- ? dispositional adjective
- disposition, temperament, temper, character, personality mean the dominant quality or qualities distinguishing a person or group. disposition implies customary moods and attitude toward the life around one <a cheerful disposition>. temperament implies a pattern of innate characteristics associated with one's specific physical and nervous organization<an artistic temperament>. temper implies the qualities acquired through experience that determine how a person or group meets difficulties or handles situations<a resilient temper>. character applies to the aggregate of moral qualities by which a person is judged apart from intelligence, competence, or special talents<strength of character>. personality applies to an aggregate of qualities that distinguish one as a person<a somber personality>.